Fulfill Community Service Obligations While Giving Back
Are you inquiring about how to complete your court mandated community service hours at one of our Goodwill stores? Please read the following Frequently Asked Questions to learn what steps you need to take to fulfill your hours through Goodwill San Antonio. If you need additional information, please contact us at GCCmanagement@goodwillsa.org.
Where do I register for completing my community service hours through Goodwill San Antonio?
We have centralized the registration process. Individuals* are asked to register at the Bexar County Adult Detention Center - South Annex, located at 222 South Comal Street in San Antonio. We are open from 9:30am – 6:30pm Monday-Wednesday and 8:00am – 5:00pm Thursday-Friday. Our office is closed from 12:00pm – 12:30 pm daily for lunch and on the following holidays:
- Martin Luther King - January 21st
- President’s Day - February 18th
- Good Friday - April 19th
- Battle of flowers - April 26th
- Memorial Day - May 27th
- Independence Day - July 4th
- Labor Day - September 2nd
- Veteran’s Day - November 11th
- Thanksgiving Holiday - November 28th -29th
- Christmas Day - December 25th
*For individuals living in Laredo, New Braunfels, or Seguin, please call 210-859-9910 to learn how to register for community service.
Do I need to attend an orientation?
Yes, everyone is required to attend a 90-minute orientation. The session is held at the Bexar County Adult Detention Center - South Annex, located at 222 South Comal Street in San Antonio.
The orientation schedule is below:
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
10:00 am | 1:00 pm | 3:00 pm | 5:30pm
Thursday and Friday
10:00 am | 1:00 pm | 3:00pm
If you arrive late, you will be asked to attend another session.
What do I need to bring with me?
You are required to bring the following to orientation
- Texas issued ID OR Driver's license. If you do not have either of these documents, please bring a document that contains your current picture and your date of birth. Your Probation Officer may be able to provide you with this document.
- Documentation from Parole Officer or Court stating offense and number of community service hours required to complete.
If you have additional questions or need more information, please contact our Volunteer Program at 210-859-9910.