Goodwill San Antonio offers FREE computer training. The training is self-paced and tailored to meet your needs, from gaining confidence in using a computer and Internet to updating your computer skills for today's market. Plus, you can complete the training online or in person and in English or Spanish.
Benefits of Enrolling
- Assist your child with online school work
- Connect with family and friends online
- Attend doctor's appointments online
- Search and apply for jobs online
Set yourself apart from other job seekers by learning the digital skills demanded by employers.
Basic Computer Skills
The training follows the Northstar Digital Literacy Curriculum It is comprised of three modules:
- Essential Computer Skills – Getting started, internet basics, email, operating systems
- Essential Software Skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Using Technology in Daily Life – Social media, digital footprint, online safety, information literacy, Supporting K-12 distance learning, and career search skills.
Participants will earn a certificate of completion and a digital badge upon passing each training module. You can include your digital badge on your resume or LinkedIn Profile.
Advanced Computer Skills
Once you complete the basic computer skills training, you can enroll in the certification programs for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. These trainings are available at no cost and prepare you for the Microsoft Office Certfication Exams.