Complete your community service with us
Simply stop by any of our 10 community Good Careers Centers to register for volunteer service. You will complete a short training presentation, and upon conclusion, you may start volunteering in San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin or Laredo at the store you selected or were assigned to the following day. The first day is simply registration and training.
We know you have many choices for how to complete your community service hours, and we hope that your choice is Goodwill! Benefits of serving Goodwill through community service include:
- Access to our case managers, savings programs and mission-related services as part of your volunteer experience
- True job training and skills are gained through your volunteer hours
- A management team that works with thousands of volunteers each year and has years of experience
- Interesting and varied types of volunteer roles, from de-manufacturing computers to retail store support
- Multiple locations across the community open are seven days a week, with extended hours for volunteer convenience
What Will I Do?
- Assist with fitting room clean-ups
- Assist in facility maintenance
- Help hand out shopper surveys
How Does it Work?
- After registration, you must start volunteering within 60 days, or your registration will be inactivated
- Work a minimum of two hours each time you volunteer
- "Clock in/out" using our biometrics timecard system; it uses your fingerprint to identify you within the system
- You are a member of our workforce when you arrive, so use authorized doors/exits
- Leave your cell phone or personal devices in either a locker that may be available or in your personal vehicle
- As a member of our workforce, do not make any inappropriate remarks, curse or create a physical or verbal disturbance
- If being picked up, have your friends/family wait outside
- The donations at our locations are the community's investment in Goodwill; as a volunteer, you may not "stash" or purchase any items at the store where you are performing your service while registered as a volunteer
- Smile, provide great customer member care, maintain location cleanliness and thank shoppers
- Use proper lifting procedures (will be provided during training presentation)
What Should I Wear?
- Wear closed-toe shoes to prevent injuries (avoid high heels or any open-toed shoe)
- Wear appropriate business attire; we allow jeans, khaki casual pants and shirts that are in good taste