Goodwill San Antonio Impacts Our Community
Goodwill San Antonio impacts our community by:
ENRICHING FAMILIES through education, training, youth programs and partnerships to create a positive economic impact.
PREPARING INDIVIDUALS for the workforce through job resources and skill certification in high-demand careers at little or no cost.
PROVIDING OUTREACH INITIATIVES AND CAREER SERVICES to Veterans and their family members as they transition from the military to civilian life.
ADVOCATING BUSINESSES through our recruitment and contract services as well as green business lines.
2015-16 Highlights include:
- 807,832 donor transactions
- 20 retail stores and 34 convenient donation stations
- Opening of the Computer Works location within the Goodwill Bitters store
- More than 150 students in 8 high schools received post-secondary training
- More than 2,300 individuals placed in competitive jobs
- 18 government contracts employing 614 individuals, 510 with a significant disability, including 158 Veterans
- Nearly 25,000 served through the Good Career Centers with individualized services
- 10.7 million pounds of good recycled
Previous Annual Reports